Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day: 9, P90X Cardio X


WorkoutP90X Cardio X
Status: Completed
Interesting night for P90X. It's Tuesday, which means Cardio X night, and we had some friends join us. Here's how it went down.

First off, Heather tweaked her arm the wrong way. I'm not sure if it was from Core yesterday or from invisible murderous midgets who attack in your sleep. In either case, her left arm is completely bandaged up with a compression heat pack on the shoulder. She looks pretty rough and I feel bad for her; she looks like she's in a lot of pain.

Our friends Jacqi and Candyce came over to join us for Cardio X, and with the new modifications to the gym there was plenty of room. Jacqi lifts with me, but she's been wanting to do more cardio and Heather and I invited her.

We got started around 6:30, and everyone did great! Heather did was she could, but with yoga as the beginning there wasn't a whole lot she could do. Candyce doesn't work out much, but she kept up the whole time (with a few short breaks) and it was great to see her doing something awesome for her body. Jacqi pretty much kept up with the whole DVD. There were a few things she couldn't do physically yet, but she modified all of that stuff and never stopped moving. I was really proud of her!

For me this was a pretty decent workout. I'd had a pretty shitty day leading up to the workout, but as soon as I got moving I felt a good rush of energy. Not as much as last week but I definitely felt better because I worked out. The yoga section felt really strong (Heather did call me out on my runner's pose for not keeping my back straight), the kenpo was solid, the plyo felt good and the core went well. Overall I was pleased with the work.

So ya, it was a good workout overall. I think Jacqi is going to join us again next week for Cardio X. Heather said she might try Cardio X tomorrow too, but we'll see; we still have shoulders and arms to hit tomorrow night and I don't want her spending all of her energy on the wrong workout.

Ok, that's all I've got for today. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment