Friday, July 15, 2011

Yesterday's Cardio Workout

As planned, I got home last night and hit the gym for some good old fashioned cardio! I decided to do Cardio Challenge from Supreme 90 Day. I did this workout a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and handled it pretty well. It's thirty minutes of working out (plus a stretch and warmup before and after), but it's broken into 30 seconds of cardio and 30 seconds of break. With that format, you really want to push yourself; 30 seconds of pushing is not bad at all, especially when you know there's a break coming immediately after it.

The only problem I ran into was my body still being sore from Wednesday. My legs were dead, so I changed most of the squat/lunge exercises to something a little easier on my joints. There's also a lot of cardio moves that use weights, like shoulder presses done with doing jumping jacks. The weights help make that 30 second section a lot harder, so it's great for the cardio. Unfortunately, my arms and shoulders were also dying, so even the little weights were a struggle at the speed they wanted.

Not my best workout, but I was pretty sweaty by the end and I felt great!

Today is the last day of Starting Strength for Week 1. I'm looking forward to two days of no weights. Hopefully by next Friday my body will be used to all of this weight lifting so my cardio won't suffer.

That's all I've got. I can't wait to get home tonight to lift heavy stuff.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment