Thursday, July 21, 2011

The week continues

Alright, it's a funky workout week. Cardio's pretty much on hold as my non Starting Strength nights are going towards helping my girlfriend move. Fortunately, moving boxes up and down stairs is pretty good cardio, so I'm still good with it.

Last night, though, I got back into Starting Strength and had a pretty decent night. I squated 125, and it went very well. The first set, for some reason, is always the hardest, but by set 2 I feel like it's pretty simple. It's that first time using the heavy weight that's throwing me off I think.

My bench did not go as well. I was up to 175 yesterday, which is the most I've ever benched. Unfortunately, sets 2 and 3 I did not touch my chest, and because of that I don't know if I should count them. Anthony was in about the same boat, and we decided that from now on bench is only going up 5 lbs instead of 10. Unfortunately, I don't know if I should repeat 175 or not on Monday. I'll let you know.

Deadlift went great! I actually did 175, with good form and everything. I'm glad I'm getting this one down.

We finished with the usual 15 minutes of abs, and I've gotta say we're pretty sadistic with that part. We always say a number, and most of the time when we hit that number someone shouts out "10 more!" and we just keep going. Or in last nights case, we did cross legged situps, and we decided on 50. By around 10 we realized that was a bad idea, but we still did all 50. Then we took a long break because we were in pain. Go us.

Also, our friend Vince is joining us on this program. He figured out most of his starting weights last night, and he's pretty much into the rotation starting Friday. It's awesome having one more person in the gym with us.

That's all I've got. Time for work. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment