Monday, July 18, 2011

Rushfit this morning

I was in LA over the weekend (and I survived Carmageddon!), and after a long weekend and drive home I had no desire to work out. I took a nice little nap instead, and that's what I needed. After that I helped my girlfriend with some packing to help her move (after she did some pretty clever arguing that was necessary to get me off of the couch), and that was the end of my weekend. So this morning I had to make up yesterday's scheduled cardio workout, and that's exactly what I did.

This morning I woke up from a very grumbly sleep and hit play on the Fight Conditioning Workout from Rushfit. Ya, I know I've done this one a million times, but it's my favorite. Favorite or not, though, this was not a good morning to work out. I was tired and sluggish, and for some reason (probably the drive) my right knee was killing me. There's a lot of squats in this workout, and I basically just said "screw it" to the squats. I moved around more during those sections, but because I have real squats scheduled for tonight I felt that saving my knees was the better choice.

I did 4 of the 5 rounds, and after that I just decided I was done. I wanted to get a little homework and real work done before going in to the office too, plus I wanted to get tonight's dinner started in the crock pot, so I did a quick stretch and turned off the DVD. Still, I got a decent (not good; decent) 40 minute workout in this morning and I'm happy with that.

Tonight begins Week 2 of Starting Strength, and I'm excited to lift some heavy stuff. I'll let you know how it goes. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment