Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Starting Strength Week 3 begins!

We got into things strong last night. We started with squats at 145 (again, the most I've ever done) and I've gotta say that I'm digging squats. Don't get me wrong, they are hard, but every time I do them they feel exactly as hard as the workout before. Considering I'm adding 10 lbs each time, the fact that it feels the same is excellent. I'm hoping to keep this progression up for a few more weeks to get my squat over 200!

My bench press felt good too. I repeated 175 from last week as I wasn't too thrilled with my form. Last night I was actually stoked with my reps, which all touched my chest, and it felt good to do real bench presses. After this I'm adding 5 lbs instead of 10, so wish me luck on 180 on Friday. That will be the most I've ever done ever!

And chinups were awesome last night. I did one set of 7 and two sets of 6. Seven blew my mind! I have never done that many chinups at once, and they were all real, legit chinups. I love how much stronger I'm getting.

We rounded out the workout with 15 minutes of abs, but unfortunately my head was killing me by the end of the workout. After that I actually got really dizzy too. I didn't eat much yesterday, but I wonder how much the weights impacted me. I'll keep an eye on my diet for Wednesday's workout.

Today is Tuesday, but I'm taking a day off from working out to catch up on rest. Back into the swing of things tomorrow! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment