Friday, May 20, 2016

For the third time this year, Month 1 is done!

Month 1 is Max:30 is done! Again! Yup, I'm on my third round of Max:30 (that's still what I'm calling it at least) and I finished Month 1 today. For those just joining us, Max:30 has cardio workouts Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and resistance Tuesday and Thursday. I've since replaced those resistance workouts with weighted workouts, but the Monday, Wednesday and Friday work is still there. And once again, Month 1 is complete!

Today was Friday Fight Rd. 1, and I had a pretty damn excellent workout. It wasn't as good as last week's - something about doing it in the afternoon last week really gave me an extra edge - but it was about a million times better than the BS cardio workout I got on Wednesday. I came away this morning feeling excellent.

I've kept nutrition pretty clean. In fact, it's been all keto clean all week. I'm sure I've mentioned this a few hundred times on this blog, but keto is the diet I'm following, which is high fat, medium protein, no carbs. Only thing that wasn't technically clean clean was In N Out last night, where I got two Flying Dutchmans (two burger patties with two pieces of cheese in the middle, each). This has actually become a go-to for me, because it fits into my diet/protein/carb goal. But I always feel guilty when I eat a fast food cheeseburger, let alone a double, let alone two.

Anyways, I woke up and was worried about the burger. Probably why I pushed extra hard in the gym this morning. But after that, I stepped onto the scale. I clocked in yesterday at 188.8, which was already ahead of my Friday goal of 189.0, but of course Thursdays aren't official weigh in days. Anyways, ya, woke up, worked out, felt guilty about burger, stepped on scale....

187.8!

Boom! That's official! Another great drop on the scale, and I feel good. Broke through my 190 hurdle officially too. So yup, now it's onward to 180, and then 170, and then hopefully I'm at a weight I want to maintain (we'll let the waistline decide that one later).

Going to go for another walk today, per the usual, and this weekend I'm excited to say I have TWO awesome weight workouts scheduled. Yup, one on Saturday and one on Monday, which technically becomes part of my weekend for the summer starting this week. Also Sunday I'll get started on Month 2 of Max:30, and still not totally sure what I'm doing Tuesday but definitely something.

Ok, that's where I'm at. Time to get some low intensity cardio in.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment