Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Another good workout, and some upcoming changes

Well, today was another homemade BodyBeast workout, this time a short one. Today's combo hit every body part (as usual) with all drop sets or progressive sets. It felt really, really good. Finished it up with Beast Abs from Body Beast (which is actually a pretty weak ab workout, not my favorite, but it works) and I finished right around 40 minutes. Not bad.

So I've decided to make some pretty big changes to the rest of my current program. Right now I'm lifting Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, doing Max:30 cardio work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Saturdays were supposed to be Bas Rutten but I fizzled out and they've turned into do whatever days.

Now, here's where things get interesting. Come Monday, I don't work Mondays for the next 16 weeks. Why is this important? Well, I want to put in good heavy lifting workouts, getting closer to that hour and a half mark, and I also don't want to lift heavy two days in a row. Come next week, I can lift heavy Saturdays AND Mondays. Woo! This was my plan all along, but not until my next program. But, if I want to pack on muscle, this 16 week window is my best opportunity to do it. So, starting this Saturday, the schedule is being modified to the following:

Saturday: Heavy Lifting
Sunday: Max:30 Cardio
Monday: Heavy Lifting
Tuesday: Either yoga or some martial arts workout, not totally sure yet
Wednesday: Max:30 Cardio
Thursday: Short Heavy Lifting
Friday: Max:30 Friday Fight

Basically I'm starting my summer heavy lifting program now, but I'm making sure I finish this round of Insanity. After that, not sure if I'll do it again (Insanity, I mean), but the lifting is going to look pretty similar to this for the next 16 weeks.

So ya, today was a good workout and I'm super inspired to keep lifting heavy. Man, do I love lifting weights. Of course, the cardio is growing on me too, and overall I'm just super happy with where I'm at fitness wise. It's not where I want to be, of course, but it's so much better than where I was a few months ago.

Walks are still going good too, diet is also good. I clocked in this morning at 190.8, so potentially on track to hit 190.0 (and 180s to follow) soon. I need to get past this hurdle! It's killing me being stuck in the low 190s for so long. I'm pretty sure 170 in the next 4 weeks is impossible at this point, and that's fine, it'll take me the rest of the summer but I'll get there, but if I can get into the low 180s by the end of my current 8 week cycle I'll feel good.

Ok, going into a ramble now, so I'm going to cap it there. Gotta build out my Thursday morning workout either tonight or tomorrow, and Thursday I'll let you know how that goes. Same thing with my workout for this Saturday and next Monday, but more time to go on those. I'm getting pretty good with the PowerPoint video editing by the way....

...ya, still rambling, I see it too. K, this is the end.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment