Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Goal achieved, scales still hated

Well, I had a goal of 191.0 today, and as of yesterday I was completely off base. Meanwhile, I spent yesterday eating more than usual. Not a lot more, but four snacks during the day, not three. My amazing wife read my post from yesterday and prepared a healthy fish dinner last night. Somewhere between the several small but healthy meals and the super tasty orange fish that I'm going to request she make more often, combined with a pretty decent Sweat Intervals workout this morning, I hopped on the scale this morning to see...

190.8!

Yup, overshot the goal by a whole 0.2! Boom!

Which means my body weight went down 1.6 in a day. What the actual F?! That's too much to make sense. I get it, water weight, undigested food, rotation of the Earth on its axis, all of these things can lead to changes in weight like that. Yes, I worked hard to get the number down, but that's a ridiculous amount. So, even though today's goal was achieved and crushed, ya, I still hate scales. It's such a terrible way to measure this stuff. But, aside from going to an actual body fat measure place, it's the best I've got, so I need to stick to it.

Well, logic would dictate my new goal should be half a pound less than today, but I'm so close to those 180s. So, I'm putting a little pressure on myself, and Friday's goal is now 190.0. Time to close that gap and hit the 180s next week!

So I mentioned Sweat Intervals, and that's what I had today. I love this workout, even though I don't always love it when I'm doing it. My legs were hurting again today, or at least they were tired. It just feels like I'm pushing against a wall during every move. I didn't get every rep, and the second half I was flailing. I was also tired and zoned out a few times, because I know I just stood around during whole segments until we switched moves. This happened two or three times, and each time I just kind of blinked and thought "wait, did I do any reps on that last move?" Well, I still came out of it soaked, so I'll take it. B workout today, not a B+ or B-, just a regular old B.

Not too much else to add. Haven't had a chance to read too much this week. Going out to dinner with family tonight. Fingers crossed it's somewhere I know I can eat (we have some standard restaurants we go to and I've picked out a few meals at each that are completely on my diet) but worst case I know I can piece together a meal that fits into my diet scheme.

Hitting the weights again tomorrow, then Friday Fight on Friday, and that's it for Week 3. I'm ready!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment