Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I hate scales

Ok, maybe it's not scales I hate, but the entire weight loss process sucks. I'm a statistics guy, so trend data means a lot to me, but as a fat guy (well, squishy nowadays) I'm also fixated on individual data points.

Yesterday was a good day. I might have missed my 191.7, but I overshot it on the official weigh in for the work challenge, and that was great! I also had my protein shake after that, three egg muffins after that, and then I sort of forgot to eat. I didn't realize it until I was heading out for my walk, and it just popped into my head: "oh, I don't think I've eaten." It was also a later walk than usual, so I should have definitely eaten by that point in the day. So I did my walk, a slightly shorter walk (slightly), and got back and ate my salad. And toward the end of the day, only about two hours later, I just wasn't all that hungry, so I had a small bowl of miso soup instead of my steak/sweet potato snack. Then I stuck to a healthy dinner of cauliflower in cheese sauce and sliced hot dog. Totally normal dinner for how I've been eating the last few months.

Anyways, the point I'm making with that long paragraph is I ate less than normal yesterday. Not intentional, not trying to starve myself, it just sort of happened, and I felt fine.

Well, this morning, I stepped on the scale, and I'd gone up! 192.4. What the absolute F?! Yes, I know my overall trend is going down, but from yesterday to today, with even less food than normal, I just can't even figure out how that happened. Today isn't an official weigh in, tomorrow's the 191.0 goal, but, ugh, I'm disappointed and frustrated today.

Ok, moving on. Today I saw the return of Lucky 7 from Body Beast. I've gotta reiterate, this workout is awesome. Seven pyramid sets, and every body part got hit. My entire body feels sore. What an excellent workout, and it's absolutely insane that this is only 22 minutes (or something like that, it's short). Unfortunately, I lost my entire momentum come Core 2 from 22 Minute Hard Corps, and four minutes into that I just shut it off. I actually got a little dizzy, and I assume that's from the weird diet yesterday. So I turned it off and made sure to get a few sips of protein shake in me, and I felt better.

Not too much else to add. Going to go for a good walk at lunch today to hopefully get me back on track. And yes, I'm eating fine today. As of this writing, I've had a protein shake, two egg muffins with some cream cheese, and the steak and sweet potatoes. I still have a salad with sliced turkey, some leftover cauliflower/hot dog, and some sort of dinner planned for the day. So, I'm eating.

Oh, final update on the work challenge. I got the most for my team at 25 lbs, next closest person got 22. Altogether we got 68 pounds lost, which was good enough to put us in fourth place for the city. This was a good experience. I wish the team had done better, but I'm proud of my achievement on this. I like the motivation and need to find something else like this to keep me on track. And I might participate next year. Hopefully I'll be at my goal weight, but I'm considering doing a three month bulk and then using the challenge to cut back, but let me see if that's even viable. There's also a good chance that once I hit the goal weight that I'll never want to leave.

Alright, that's my story.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment