Thursday, May 26, 2016

Frustrated at the Plateau

I've plateaud. This whole week, weight loss has been a struggle. I haven't ballooned up, no, but I haven't lost either. I set a goal for myself on Tuesday for this Friday: 186.5. Honestly, I think that number's impossible for me now. I was 189.4 yesterday, and today I was 190.2. I've kept the diet clean and in check, and even went through and did a double check on my calories. I'm coming in right around (slightly under) the 2K mark/day, which is right where I should be.

Ok, this is getting depressing. Here's some positives....

Yesterday morning I got up and did Max Out Sweat from Max:30. I've said before, this is the best workout in the entire program, and once again that held true. It kicked my ass royally, and this wasn't my best workout, but B+ region for sure. I was soaked and feeling good about Month 2 when I got out of the gym (home office).

Walk yesterday was sub par, but not terrible. There was a work event on the other side of the building, so rather than go for my usual long 2.5+ mile walk, I just took the long way to get to the other side of the building. The long way being a literal city block, and I live in a city where city blocks are humongous, so that was good.

This morning I hit play on what I've cleverly titled as Total Body Short 1. I swear I'm clever, just not so much with these workout titles. This one I've done before, it's my 40 minute Body Beast combo workout. And it went really well. My squats have gotten a ton stronger, and I think I lifted a lot of weight on every lift. It felt really good. I was tired by the time I got to Beast Abs, and I wanted to have a few extra minutes with my little girl before going into the office, so I only did half, but overall today's workout was easily an A!

Diet's been clean today too (about to eat a salad here shortly, kind of excited about that, it's got gorgonzola in it!) and I just got back from an ok walk. Not my best, purely for time. I was talking to a coworker on my way out the door and didn't have time for my full long walk, but I'm still well over 8K steps for the day and definitely on my way to 10K.

So talking why I'm not losing on the scale, there's a few reasons I'm reading about. One obvious one is muscle growth. Yes, I'm adding muscle, but the math I'm seeing I should still see the number go down, just slowly. There's no way I've gained 3 lbs of muscle in a week. Also my waist has stopped shrinking, which is another way of tracking loss while building muscle, so I'm again saying that's not it. Two, I might just be in a slump. This totally happens. Carbs one day on a cheat can help reset me, we've seen that before. I did that last weekend, but really it was one meal and I think I can do better. Planning some good cheats over the weekend - I might even cheat all weekend, treat next week as a wash as I get back into ketosis, and then get really see weight loss in Week 7 of my program. Three, there might be some hidden carbs in what I'm eating, but then again I'm still keeping the calories in check so who knows.

Anyways, I'm sad about the weight loss (or lack there of), but not devastated by any means. My third round the weight loss won't be in the 20+ range like before, there's no way at this point. But, I'm feeling good about my lifting and, more importantly, my health. No matter what I'm going to finish the summer with my current plan, then reevaluate in August. Just gotta keep pressing on.

Alright, that's my story. Wish me luck moving forward!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment