Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Worked out last night and this morning

Alright, I've got two workouts to document. The first was last night. The group came over around 7, and we hit the park at about 7:15 to do some laps. I need to get better at running so I pushed myself hard. It's 5 laps around the park for 1 mile, and I ran 3 of those laps. My buddy Anthony and I walked the last two, but I actually think I could have kept going for the full mile! Definitely not 3 miles, yet, but I felt good and that's what matters.

After that we headed back to the house and hit the gym. My back's still rough, but better, and my legs were hurting me from the morning's leg workout from the Transformation Super Challenge, so I kept that in mind as we hit the weights. The group started with bench and I still want to work on some heavy lifting, so I did 3 sets of 10 at 135. My back was feeling rough after that though, so I decided that was it for weights for the night. Squats felt like they'd be way too painful, though Thursday I have every intention of getting back into them.

We finished the workout with the new Ab Ripper X2 from P90X2. I was iffy about doing abs with my side feeling the way it has, but the workout actually went pretty well. We had a few issues with room in the gym for everyone; there's a lot of stuff in this workout that has you going left and right, back and forth, and my garage just isn't that big. But overall we all did it and had a great time getting to the end! I actually dug this workout a lot more than the original Ab Ripper, probably because I've done it WAY more times than I can count (though if I really wanted to count, I could go back through the blog).

So that was last night. I'm slowly getting back into my workout mode again, even though my side/back still hurt, and as soon as possible I can't wait to start lifting heavy again.

This morning I woke up with every intention of running. For TSC I'm supposed to do 20 minutes of either running, biking or rowing, with different intensities for different amounts of time. Unfortunately I'm kind of a baby when it comes to cold weather, and it was a lot colder than I thought it would be this morning. I went into the gym to try rowing on the Total Gym, but decided instead to do one of the Turbo Fire Workouts. Yes, I have an obsession with DVD workout programs. I figured the 25 minute HIIT workout would be good to start the day with, and sure enough it was! This thing was a killer. Yes, it's definitely a "girly" workout, in the sense that it's hip hop music and a lot of aerobics, but it was still a great workout. I need to do these workouts more often!

The morning HIIT workout got my blood pumping and I felt pretty great (dead) after, which is where I am now. But this isn't going to count for my 20 minute run. I'm going to do that tonight when I get home, when it's a little warmer. Then I'll probably round that out with 1 more half hour workout in the gym and call it good.

So that's what I've got. Nutrition has been excellent lately. I'm eating a lot of apples, smaller portions, and dinners have been healthy. Last night I made chicken in a tomato spinach sauce with some tortellinis. The pasta probably wasn't too healthy, but I only had one serving. I've gotta get ready for Summer, so I'm really pushing it hard in and out of the gym!

K, time for work. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment