Friday, March 2, 2012

ESP-XC Day 19: Endurance Cardio/Combo and the group workout

Last night I got home, got a load of dishes and laundry started, and hit play on Cardio/Combo from the Endurance Phase. This is the last time I get to do this workout before moving on to the Strength version.

Overall I'm going to say this wasn't my best workout. I don't know why but I felt distracted. I think I was thinking about dinner (I'll get to that in a minute). I made it through the whole thing, but my focus just wasn't there. Honestly I like this workout, but after a few weeks it's starting to feel very basic. Don't get me wrong, it's hard, especially the low to high stuff like the burpees and half burpees, but the combos I have down pretty well and have for a while, so they lose some of the excitement. There isn't even a single kick, only knees. And if I ever fought, I'd definitely be a kicker.

So with that in mind I had a great first half and a lazy second half. Not my best workout, but fortunately the group was coming over after.

I got dinner started just before everyone came over, but I got ambitious and preparing dinner took a little longer than I wanted. Everyone was waiting for me, which I felt bad about, but Heather's been under a lot of stress lately and I wanted to make sure she had a great dinner. I made turkey meatballs stuffed with ravioli. Yup, stuffed! They were awesome, but a little dry. I tried to make them healthy, which meant not a lot of sauce.

Anyways, after I got dinner in the oven we hit the gym. I was focusing on striking speed since that was what I was/should have been working on in the cardio/combo workout. I did 4 sets on bench for speed/reps and did well. I used the door gym a lot and worked on strikes, and I used the Billy Bands from PT 24/7 to work the shoulders.

For kicks we decided to put on the Strength Cardio/Combo DVD. Some folks wanted cardio ideas and I wanted to see what I was in for. We only watched the first half, but the strikes were a lot more fun! And everyone that was doing them looked like they enjoyed it.

We finished the evening with Ab Ripper X. No one really likes Ab Ripper, but we all feel great when it's done. Overall I had a great ab workout and was happy with my progress.

So that was the workout. FYI, the diet's been going really well. I started using the Lose It app on my phone and tracking food is helping.

Tonight I have Legs from Endurance, and that's the last workout in this phase. I'm ready!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment