Friday, March 9, 2012

I've kind of screwed up, but I'm not giving up!

K, life has severely gotten in the way of my fat free jewness this week. Some stuff came up Sunday, so workout didn't happen until Monday. Then some more stuff came up on Wednesday. Then I tried to catch up on the ESP-XC workouts by getting up early on Thursday to workout, only to find out after the workout that I'd done the wrong workout! Then more stuff came up Thursday night so I couldn't work out before the group came over. Then Friday, today, I ended up getting up at 5am to do some work, and tonight I'm supporting my amazing girlfriend in her restaurant's grand opening, so long story short, I've screwed up ESP-XC. Normally I'd say that's 4 weeks of working out down the drain, but here's the new view on things....I still worked out this week. I worked out almost every day, except Wednesday of course, and last night I had a great workout, so the way I'm looking at it is I can still start Week 5 again completely from scratch, starting on Sunday. Should work, right?

With that in mind, I want to document yesterday's two workouts!

I woke up early and hit play on Cardio/Combo from the Strength phase. This was the one that wasn't supposed to be until the end of the week, but I read the instructions wrong (AKA didn't read the instructions) and did this one instead. Overall it's a fun workout! Much more interesting than the last cardio/combo. I like that there's actual kicks, and most of the combos are original and really fun. I mean, not incredibly original, but much more than the last DVD. Also they use hand weights a lot to build shoulder power, which I thought was awesome!

So that was yesterday morning. That night I came home, cleaned a little bit, and then the group came over for workout. Somehow we ended up talking for longer than normal, and didn't get started until 8. Since most people have to leave by 9:30 I decided no weights for me (and anyone else interested) and instead hit play on Game Day from Asylum. This workout is still a blast and everyone did it with me! It was great! We ran the mile, did the wrestling moves, surfed a little...it was fun. Then we wrapped it up with Ab Ripper. Good stuff.

So that's the last few days. Tonight will be celebrating, tomorrow I'm celebrating my cousin's 21st birthday (happy bday Miles!) and then Sunday I'm back into workout mode, starting Week 5 of ESP-XC all over again!

Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment