Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ESP-XC Days 20 through 22

Wow, I'm a few days behind on the blog. Life's been keeping me pretty busy, but I wanted to get something documented real fast.

I wrapped up the Endurance phase of ESP-XC on Friday with Legs. It was a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure it was a decent workout. Not great, as being the end of the week some of my energy had been zapped already, but not bad either. I'm happy to be rid of this workout though. Legs are my least favorite thing to work out and this one's a killer workout.

I took the weekend off.

Monday I got started on the Strength phase with the Upper Body workout. This felt much more like the traditional weight training I know. 3 rounds of slow upper body movements, focusing on 8 to 12 reps and going slow with heavy weight. Then the same 3 rounds are repeated, followed by the finale. I don't know why I'm drawing a blank on the finale right now, but I know it was hard. Overall awesome workout and I really pushed.

The group came over that night and we did the usual stuff. Lots of lifting and sparring/grappling. The fighting stuff is excellent cardio. We even went for a jog around the neighborhood. It was good.

A quick note, the group workout's have lost focus since we switched away from Starting Strength. There's been talk of getting that program started again, possibly starting Monday. I'll keep you posted what we decide.

Finally I did the Legs workout from the Strength phase of ESP-XC last night. Again, this one felt like normal weight lifting to me. Three rounds again of slow heavy movements, then repeat the 3 rounds. The weighted frog sit for the finale was brutal, and there was a part 2 on the finale too. I forget what that was, but it was hard.

So overall great workouts the last few days. I'm looking forward to making more progress in ESP-XC. I think tonight I have a dinner date with the girlfriend, which may push tonight's workout back a day. I'll keep you posted on that too.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment