Friday, June 3, 2016

Wrapping up Week 6

Well, Week 6 is in the books. So, how did things end? Well, they ended slowly. I'm tired. Let's talk about that....

Baby is sick and didn't have a great night. This means mom and dad didn't have a great night either. Mom took the bulk of the work, but I was up too, and in general I've just been super sleepy this whole week. I finally hit my breaking point today and completely crashed. This was about two minutes into Friday Fight Rd. 2, and I just couldn't do it. I kept going for about 20 minutes, but finally deciding I wasn't doing any good. D+ for final results, it was bad.

But, I was up, so I got a bunch of dishes done before it was time to head into work.

Now, let's pause the I'm Tired train for a moment to talk about the scale. I stepped on today before the shower, and clocked in at....


186.6!

Ok, that's awesome! Lowest I've been this entire program. Goal for Monday is now 186.1. Let's do this!

K, back on the train folks. The rest of the day has been dragging, 100% because I'm exhausted. Hey, it happens. I've kept the diet clean all day, which has helped keep energy up (special shout out to my wife who made some freakin' delicious salmon and corn, which I just ate the leftovers of for afternoon meal) but in general today's not a great day. I got going on my walk at lunch, but 15 minutes into that I realized I was dragging behind my usual pace, and could barely keep my eyes open. I hopped into the car and found a gas station, and bought two red bulls. I used to drink a lot of red bull, but this entire year I bet I've had less than 10. Today I've now had 2. And coffee. I'm going to make it, but it's going to be close. They were sugar free red bulls at least.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get a little more sleep tonight. Not getting up at 4:30am should help with that. Then it's back to heavy lifting tomorrow.

Oh, one more shout out to my wife. She's been working out and eating healthy again, and she finally broke through a major weight loss hurdle this morning. Scared the living crap out of me when I was in the shower and heard her scream, but ever since I found out that she wasn't screaming for anything bad, and in fact was super happy, I've been super pumped for her all day. Congrats honey!

Tonight's a steak dinner at home with the family. I'm excited. Let's do this people!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment