Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 8 is done, Program 3 is Done, and Week 1 is in the Works

Wow, what a long title. It's been over a week since my last update. I was out of town, then I was playing catch up. I'm not going to try to catch you up on all the workouts...I think...I sort of write free form, so maybe this will go there, but not sure. But, here's where we've been....

First, I finished my third program while I was out of town. Thanks to some technology limitations, I used my Beachbody On Demand subscription instead of my Max:30 DVDs, and that meant I replaced Max:30 with Insanity. Hey, Insanity is still very, very, very tough, so this was good. It's how I did my cardio days and it's how I finished my week, with Max Out Cardio. It's tough.

I also did a Bas Rutten workout in the hotel, somewhere in there. I think on Tuesday. On top of that, I did my weight work in the hotel gym. I also did legs that first night, purely because a quickly arriving plane meant I had to forego them in my Monday workout last week.

That's a ramble and doesn't make sense. Long story short, I didn't miss a workout. Also I kept the diet pretty well in check, which is impressive considering the conference had a lot of great and unhealthy food. Overall I skipped all the sweets, except for a bite or two of someone's dessert, and a whole slice of cheesecake on the final night reception (ya, I was week and it was already in front of me), but overall I was proud of how I did.

I got home late Friday and ate food, so I didn't want to do my official weigh in until Saturday. So, Saturday morning I woke up, lifted weights, and stepped on the scale. And I clocked in at...

183.2!

That's a full 10.4 lbs in Program 3. Now, this wasn't the 20 lbs I'm used to in a program, but I've come to realize this is the norm this close to the goal. And honestly, as I get closer to 170, even 10 lbs in 2 months seems like it might be a stretch, especially while I also place an emphasis on building muscle. As long as the scale keeps going down, right?

Oy....that last sentence.

So, since I weighed in at 183.2, I can't seem to get back there. This whole week, every day since then, I've bounced between 183.5 and 184.0. Never going over 184, but damn, I'm still putting in effort and I haven't lost anything this week. It's frustrating, but I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.

So, program 4 has started, and it looks very similar to the last four weeks of Program 3. Saturday, Monday and Thursday are my weight days, and those are what they are. Tuesdays are Bas Rutten, pretty much whatever I feel like. I like doing the punches the day after my weight work, it gets the blood flowing into my arms again. I did boxing this week, and it was awesome, I'd never been able to get through the boxing CD before (he throws the combos much faster in this one since there's no kicks to worry about). And then the Insanity stuff: I'm alternating weeks, but Wednesdays will either be Cardio Challenge or Sweat Intervals, both from Max:30, Fridays will be Max Out Cardio or Max Out Sweat, also from Max:30, and Sundays are either Max Interval Circuit or Max Interval Plyo, both from Insanity. For eight weeks. Seems like a fun challenge.

Alright, that's about it. I still have a ton of fat on me, definitely WAY less than I did in January and definitely less than even eight weeks ago, but damn, there's so much!!! I'm so worried that when I finally get to 170, and it might be a ways away, I'm going to realize there's still too much fat and I'll need to go even further. I don't want that, but more importantly I don't want the fat, so no fat trumps not wanting to lose more weight. Eventually I'll have to get a body fat percentage scan, but I'm definitely not in need of that. As long as that number is "a lot" it's just not worth it.

On the muscle building side, it's sloooooowly starting to come in. My wife says my arms are bigger, and she's right, I can see it, but they still look small. Every muscle looks small. Bigger compared to where I was eight weeks ago, but just small in general. Hey, it's been only 8 weeks, and really only 5 or 6 weeks since I started really lifting without using DVDs, so I have time. Let's see where I'm at at the end of summer, with more than 20 weeks under my belt. I hope....

K, I'm wrapping this up. Can't wait to get into the weight room tomorrow morning and throw around some heavy stuff. Let's do this!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment