Monday, June 6, 2016

Onward, to Week 7!

Titles are hard. Don't hate.

Week 7 of the current program has begun. A few ups and downs (literally, scale wise) since the last check in. Let's talk weight first.

Saturday I clocked in at 186.6, so literally the same thing as Friday. Cool, still have a few days to lose. Then I went to the gym with the wife, which was after my normal workout (more on that in a moment), and when I finally got home I was starving. Cue the mistakes: I made and ate a humongous omelette. All of the food in it was diet friendly, but it's all about calories in v. calories out, and apparently a steak, four eggs, cheese, spinach and alfredo sauce was too much. Yes, I put alfredo sauce in my eggs, and it was delicious. And in smaller portions, this would have been fine. But ya, I ate the whole thing, and I felt pretty bummed about it. Even with keeping the rest of the day clean, and a good workout Sunday morning, it didn't help. I clocked in Sunday morning at..

188.8. Two whole pounds in a day. Lame. Anyways, Sunday this haunted me all day, so I kept it super clean, really focusing on portions. And this morning I clocked in at....

187.8. Ok, I lost a pound in a day, so that's good. Not great, and definitely not the 186.1 I was shooting for for today, but hey, it's ok. Right back on the horse. Just want to close out the week super strong, 185ish range. So, my current goal for Wednesday based on today's scale is 187.3. Let's do it!

So, workouts, how did they go? Well, those were actually awesome! Saturday morning I hit it hard with weights, again using no DVDs and just following my plan/keeping the pace fast/lifting heavy and listening to music. I skipped abs and bis/tris because that was what the wife wanted to work together at the gym later. So I hit everything else, felt awesome, put some protein powder into my body and proceeded to head to the gym with the family. Baby came too, but she hung out in the kids area. Someday I'll get this little girl in the actual gym with me, but we're a ways away.

Side note: the wife totally killed it in the gym with me! We did treadmill for 10 minutes to warm up, then got into into progressive sets on the tricpes and biceps, and then some drop sets for each. She absolutely killed it! We closed out with some elliptical trainer, plus I did a few minutes of leg hangs for the abs. It's awesome working out with her!

Sunday was supposed to be another gym day, but a sick baby made that a no-go. I still got my Max:30 workout in, which was Max Out Cardio. This thing still kicks my ass, but I was able to kick its ass a little bit too. The hardest part for me right now is doing Insanity the day after Leg Day, which is every weight day. I have two weeks to decide, but I might have to look into no Insanity for the rest of the summer just to preserve my legs. Or I could push through and hope my legs get with the program. I'm leaning toward the latter, but there's a chance that's just not possible. More updates to come on that.

And then this morning was more weights. I have a weird schedule today and couldn't do abs, to save time, but the rest of the workout was killer. I did a progressive set and a super set on each body part, which basically came out to four exercises of three sets each per body part. Whole body felt destroyed at the end, which is awesome!

Tonight I'm going to the gym one more time with the wife, and we're going to do our first Insanity class! Yup, apparently Insanity has actual classes in gyms now. I have no clue what to expect, other than I'm fearful of my legs (especially since I did a lot of squats this morning!). Should be awesome. Depending how that workout goes, I'll also probably pick up those lagging abs that I didn't hit this morning, but we'll have to wait and see.

Onward with Week 7, and the road to the 170s.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment