Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wrapping up Week 10 and the Return of Yoga

It's Sunday, and I have a few workouts to put into the blog.

Friday morning was another pushups/running kind of morning. I finished Week 2 of 100 Pushups with 16, 17, 14, 14 and 20, with 2 minute breaks. That last number was the minimum, and that's the first time I only did the minimum on the last one. The last one is always an as many as you can do with a minimum number, and I usually go above and beyond, but not Friday. I was super tired and my arms were definitely tired from the week's work leading up to it. However, that's still 81 pushups, which is an awesome number to start my Friday with.

We got into the run after that, and wrapped up Week 1 of C25K. I'm feeling better about the running, though this specific Friday my allergies were acting up. When my allergies act up my nose closes up right away, and I have a lot of trouble breathing. I pushed through though and had a decent run. I'm looking forward (kind of) to increasing the run times starting tomorrow.

I went to work, had a busy day, and then got home around 6pm. We actually had some weird scheduling issues and a few people had to bail, so we didn't get started until 8:30pm. There were only four of us this time so we got the whole workout done in an hour.

I wrapped up squats at 170. I feel like I have finally got squats down, and starting Monday I'll be adding weight again. The plan is 5 lbs a day, possibly repeating everything twice. But ya, these squats felt pretty good. I like that the form is feeling better for me, and now that I'm doing them correctly I really feel like my legs are getting a full workout. It's awesome!

Overhead press was next, and I made more progress on 140. Well, sort of. I completed 3 sets of 4, which is only one rep more than what I did on Monday. However, it was good to be consistent on all 3 sets, so I am looking forward to upping each set on Wednesday. It really feels like a lot of weight though, but I know I have to move out of my comfort zone at 135. I guess it's just going to feel heavy from here on out.

Pullups were next, and I completed 1x9 and 2x8. That's the same as the week before. I felt strong with them, but my form started to die on the last three reps of each set. Hopefully I can finally get over this being tired from pushups thing and start upping my reps next week.

I finished with curls at 70 lbs. I did 3x5, and am beginning to make progress on curls. My arms felt good afterwards, and I like that keeping my back straight and core tight are part of the challenge on this exercise. I'm very glad we decided to put them into the mix for Fridays.

We skipped abs because it was so late, and that was the end of Week 10. I had my hemp protein/soy milk afterwards (no synthetic supplements for two more weeks) and began a very relaxing weekend.

Today (Sunday) my roommate and I began our first week of Sunday Yoga. Thanks to Hulu.com we have access to a whole crap load of yoga videos, and we picked a good stress relief/flexibility yoga session. It was an hour long, and it felt good to stretch and work on my yoga again. Overall this was a good yoga workout. Not nearly as hard as P90X, which was nice, and it worked a lot of deep leg and lower back stretches.

The plan is to do yoga every Sunday from here on out. Wish us luck!

Tomorrow starts Week 2 of C25K, Week 3 of 100 Pushups and Week 11 of Starting Strength. Progress on everything!

Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. Full body workouts on abdominal exercise machines and high protein diets compliment each other by allowing the muscle fibres to build and recover at a faster rate.

    ReplyDelete