Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Morning - Running and Pushups

Wow, I was tired this morning. That slowed me down a bit, but it did not stop me. I got started with my pushups at the crack of dawn (6am), and they were REALLY hard today. It was 14, 18, 14, 14, and 20 with 1 minute breaks. Unfortunately, I ended up with 14, 18, 14, 14, and 12. That last set was a killer. In fact, all of the sets were very difficult. I feel bad I didn't finish, but I honestly couldn't lift my body anymore. Hopefully I can get going better on Wednesday, because Wednesday according to the schedule is the first time I do 100 pushups!

The roommate and I hit the road for the run after that. No girlfriends for either of us today. We started with the usual 5 minute warmup walk, followed by 4 sets of 1.5 minutes running and 2 minutes walking, followed by 2 sets of 1 minute running and 1 minute walking. I really had trouble breathing today, but towards the end I got some energy and felt good. Week 2 of C25K has begun!

That's all I've got for right now. Tonight is Starting Strength. I feel my bad....my Dad wanted me to play poker either tonight or Wednesday night, but I told him I'm committed to this program and just don't have the time to take a night off. I want to see this through, even though there's no clear end to this program. I've gotta put on more muscle!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment