Friday, September 23, 2011

Wednesday's Workouts

Alright, quick recap from Wednesday.

I woke up and did pushups. I somehow can't stay in the third column of pushups, so I did 14, 19, 14, 14 and 19, the second column. Still good, but I'm worried why I can't keep up with the column I'm supposed to.

After that I did my morning jog. The rest of the group bailed, but I hit the road and had a good run.

That night we got into Starting Strength. I squated 180. It felt heavy, but I had good form. I'm going to repeat it today (on Friday) and hope to move up Monday.

Shoulder press was next and I made progress on 140 lbs. I did 1 set of 4 and 2 sets of 5. Why the first set only had 4 I'm not sure, but it was big progress and I'm looking forward to finishing this throughout next week.

We finished with deadlift. I tried the mix grip with the right hand underneath, and it felt weird but actually easier. I may stick with this, and switch my grip each week. I repeated 165, but it felt a lot better than last week. I'm planning on adding 10 lbs next week.

That's Wednesday. I didn't get to post yesterday so I just wanted to do a quick update.

Crap, I just realized I forgot my pushups this morning. Fortunately I pushed my run back to tonight, so I'm going to get the pushups done then too. That may screw with Starting Strength, but it's gonna get done. I'll keep you posted.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment