Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend and 100 Pushups Begins

Friday we did more Starting Strength and it went pretty well. For some reason my shoulders were tired and I actually didn't complete 135, but I'm still planning on moving up on Wednesday. I did my pullups before the shoulder presses though, so that's probably what happened.

Saturday night a group of us went to see Deadmau5. I've seen him before, a year ago, and it was amazing so I couldn't miss this show. It was another outstanding performance, and by 3am I was so tired from dancing all day. Sunday we hung around the house eating junk food and not moving. I was probably good with the cardio from dancing if I hadn't eaten the junk food, but it was overall a not so good day health wise.

Today, Monday, is Labor Day. Today is also Day 1 of a new program I'm following, 100 Pushups. It's a 6 week plan to get to 100 pushups. It's only 3 days a week though, so my goal is to finish it, and then do it again on the other three days of the week while continuing 100 pushups on the original three days. So anyways, today was day 1, which ended up being 51 pushups total: 10, 12, 7, 7 and 15. The last one is my max number. There were 1 minute breaks in between.

The numbers slightly increase when I do this again on Wednesday, and the breaks extend to 1 1/2 minutes. It should be an interesting 6 weeks.

Since it's Labor Day, we also got into Starting Strength a lot earlier today so we'd still have our whole days off. It was a pretty good Starting Strength day, even though most of my numbers actually dropped.

First off, I did 230 for the first time on squats. I also went a lot lower, so the week of 225 was a good plan. However, I'm really starting to think that my form is terrible on squats, and I have a lot of work to do on them. If that is the case, I'm going to drop down to 135 and get the form correct this time. That will be decided on Wednesday, when I video tape myself squatting. The decision will be made then, so stay posted.

We got into bench after that. I was planning on finishing 175 with good form today, but I stopped on 4 of the first two sets. I ended up finishing at 165 for the final set. I'm thinking all of the pushups, especially only an hour before, made today's bench stuff difficult. I'm still good with it, but it'll probably be two weeks before I can finish bench at 175 considering the toll the pushups are going to take on me.

Chinups were last, and my arms were pretty much fried. I did 3 sets of 10 last week, but today I got 1 set of 10, 1 set of 8 and 1 set of 4. That was rough. Again, the pushups are going to take their toll for a few weeks.

We finished as a group with a pretty decent ab ripper x, and that was that.

Time to finish relaxing. Happy Labor Day!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment