Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 10 begins!

I wanted to get a quick recap of last night's workout into the blog.

We started the night with a game of basketball. I finally bit the bullet and played since they'd have been at an odd number without me. There were no lights and it's finally the time of year where it's dark before 8, so we could barely see. I'm also terrible at basketball, and it showed. However, my team scored 1 point, and it was entirely my point! Granted, we lost, but I got a basket and I'm stoked about that (I'm terrible at basketball, seriously).

After that we hit the weights. I upped squats to 170, and focused on the good form. I felt like I wasn't going as low as Friday, but I was still using really good form. The weight feels very heavy when I go low on these (which it's supposed to I guess), but I'm proud of my performance. I think I'm going to repeat 170 on Wednesday and up it to 175 on Friday.

Shoulder press was next, and I finally got started on 140. I did the first set of 5, then got 4 on the second set and only 2 on the last set. My arms felt dead from putting that much weight over my head. Plus the pushups from the morning were still taxing me a little. Still, 5,4,2 is pretty good to start this weight out on. Hopefully I can get through it within the next two weeks and move up to 145!

Chinups were next, and I got 2 sets of 10 and 1 set of 8. Considering my poor performance last week (pushups induced), I'm really proud of these numbers. Hopefully next week I can get back up to 3 sets of 10, and start progressing again the following week.

Instead of ab ripper, we decided to do Cardio Abs from Insanity. We skipped the standing up section and went straight into the ground stuff. The overall consensus was that this was hard, very hard, and a few people said they just didn't have the ab strength to do some of the exercises. That's a fair assessment. It'll probably be a while before we get back into this DVD, and we'll be sticking to ab ripper soon. There's also talk of 8 minute abs, so if we can track those DVDs down they may be in the mix soon.

That's all I've got. I'm hoping to get some cardio in tonight after work, and I'll keep you posted how that goes.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment