Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life took a dive yesterday

Alright, life took a dive yesterday. My position has been eliminated with the company, after 3 1/2 years of working there. Honestly, I'm ok with it. I have lots of options and a pretty good plan. The thing I'm upset about, though, is that work was paying for school. This puts my Master's on hold.

Needless to say yesterday was not a great day, and I opted for a foot long cheesesteak instead of my usual fruits and veggies all day. However, I did get my workout in. Quick recap:

I felt much better about 185 on squats. Planning on moving up to 190 on Friday.

I almost finished 170 on bench. I did 2x5 and 1x4. So close! Expect me to finish this Friday!

I deadlifted 175! And it was awesome! Expect 185 next week!

We finished with abs. It was a good workout.

Sorry, something came up at work so I'm making this short. I'll get back on my rant about school, but two quick things.

1) Unemployment means I'm getting back into working out hardcore! There will be some free time for the rest of the year and I'm getting my cardio on!

2) If I can figure out how to pay for it AND it becomes official that I can't finish school (which that's what it looks like) I have every intention of finding an MMA gym and starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai Kickboxing. My roommate studies the former, his gym has pretty reasonable prices, and honestly I've been thinking about this for a while; the school stuff was just getting in the way.

That's all I've got. Also, expect me to get back into the gym on Sunday hardcore with cardio, and I'm starting my pushups and running all over again.

One good note, I am apparently still losing weight. I bought a shirt that was too small to button a few weeks ago, and it totally fit today! To celebrate I had a second veggie juice at lunch (I found a vegan restaurant that juices).

So that's my life. More updates to come.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment