Thursday, December 1, 2011

The last few days

Well, somehow life has gotten a strong hold on me and the last few days have been pretty lame as far as workouts go. Here's the scoop.

Monday morning a good friend called me right when I was getting into the gym. She burnt her hands pretty bad and needed a ride to the hospital. Of course I did it, and she's doing much better now (I can't tell you how relieved I was when she started feeling better). But Monday morning's workout did not happen.

Monday night I came home and did Hip Hop Abs with my girlfriend. I like working out with her. I don't remember which DVD we did, but I will say it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Shaun T is difficult to work with in any setting.

After that I got into Starting Strength with the group when they came over. I did squats at 165, and they felt heavy. Deloading I thought was going to be easy, but somehow my legs are in pain lately and even 165 was tough. I've decided I'm going to spend a week at 165, then a week at 170, etc., until I can blast through 180 in a few weeks.

Bench was next and I rocked out 165! I am going to be upping the weight on Friday. I'm really proud with how far my bench has come.

Pullups were last and I did 1x8, 1x7 and 3x5. The numbers are slowly getting up there and I'm slowly getting stronger.

We did not do Ab Ripper. The DVD froze and we decided it was a sign that it shouldn't happen.

Tuesday was supposed to be my first day of Muay Thai, so I decided to skip Insanity. However, I got busy at work, had to get some homework done that night and long story short it occurred to me that I really don't have the time to be doing any more activities. As much as I want to do it, Muay Thai will have to wait until my masters is completed. So no workout on Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I decided I've missed enough this week that continuing the week is pointless. That, and I had more homework to do. I did, however, do Starting Strength last night.

Squats were at 165 again and they felt a lot better. I'm finishing out the week at this weight and moving up on Monday. Shoulder press was next, and I did horribly! I completed 120 last week and wanted to repeat this time, but I could only get through 3 sets. I did 1x4 and 1x3 at 115 after that, but somehow my shoulders were shot and I couldn't complete my reps. I'm going to repeat 115 on Monday before getting back to 120. Damn, I'm pissed about the shoulders.

Since the lifts weren't going well last night I decided to repeat 195 on deadlift. As expected, it felt heavy and I'm glad I didn't go up to 200. They weren't bad, but they weren't great deadlifts either. Hopefully next week will be better.

We did finish with ab ripper and actually it was a decent ab ripper day. I'm happy with the work I did in that section and as always I did all 50 mason twists.

So that's my week. I should also say this is my first week of 4 without supplements, so that probably hindered the lifting a little. Still, I'd like to at least be able to maintain my strength when I'm off supplements. Lame.

The plan right now is to finish this week with easy stuff, maybe some cardio at night, and next week repeat week 4 of Insanity. It's not the best plan, but it works. Also with all of the holidays and friends in town my diet has been getting raped, so I'm not really seeing the results I want from Insanity. Monday through Friday are fine, but weekends (and Thanksgivings) make me feel like I'm not getting nearly the results that I want. Plus people keep bringing sweets and soda into the house, and I have absolutely no willpower. None. Somehow my friends don't get that and bring it over anyways. And no this is not one individual at all, its many. It's all of them in fact. I'm not mad at them, but seriously, if there are foods in the house that I shouldn't eat, I'll eat them. It's just that simple. For example, I haven't bought a cookie in probably a year, but I have eaten more cookies in the last year than I can even imagine. Sigh. Someday I'll learn to just say no.

So that's where I'm at. Not sure what else to say for today. Oh, also, happy 11 months to my amazing girlfriend. We're almost to that year mark. I love you!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment