Sunday, December 4, 2011

Feeling lazy (in more ways than one)

First off, I want you to know that I'm writing this post purely because I do not want to do homework anymore. I've been writing about organizational psychology and performance management for the last three hours, and the next time I write the word "culture" outside of this blog I might just snap and my head will explode. And if my head explodes there will be no more posts for the fat free jew, so I'm in here talking about nonsense with the goal of getting my mind back on track.

A few things. Friday we did get into Starting Strength. It was mediocre. I did 165 on squats again, but it still feels heavy. In fact it feels painful in my legs. It's definitely from the motion, not from actual pain, but I feel the same pain when I squat with no weight. I don't understand it. It's in my thighs and it just feels like I should have progressed beyond this fatigue by now. I'm not sure what to do with that, but the plan is to move back up to 170 on Monday.

Bench was next and I got started on 170. Yes, I officially bench more than I squat. I'm not really sure how or why that is, but it concerns me about my legs and my ability to squat correctly. But anyways, this felt heavy. I went all the way down and up on all of the reps, and got through 3x5, 1x4 and 1x3. Respectable numbers to start with, but I apparently have a ways to go. Here's to hoping I make more progress on Wednesday.

Pullups were last and I did 2x6 and 3x5. Good. Better. That's all I have to say about pullups.

We skipped abs and ate burgers instead (that's kind of like abs, right?) and that was Friday. Decent but meh. I miss my supplements I think and that killed my motivation this week.

So it finally happened. I did not finish Insanity. It started with being busy, then it was poor diet, then it was more busy, then it was dealing with emergencies, and long story short I quit this week. I know I said I was going to start back up on Week 3 this week (today in fact) but I just don't want to. I'm feeling tired and I was pushing myself too hard with work and school, and the schedule is being modified for the next few weeks.

First thing on this decision was the diet. No matter how hard I tried, the diet wasn't happening. Mostly on weekends, and mostly because of friends. I'm not blaming anyone, but it was just a really bad time to start a meal plan like the one I wanted. A friend came into town and we threw a party, then Thanksgiving, and now the holidays. Yup, it's just not going to happen. Sure, I could keep doing Insanity and do the crappy diet, but I've done that and the results are lackluster at best.

Second, a friend asked me if I wanted to start a 90 day Beachbody Challenge with him. It starts Jan 2, and if I had finished Insanity I wouldn't have been able to start that program. So I'm starting P90X Lean in January, and I'm working out with my girlfriend. We're going to do the program and diet together, and having a cohort will help me stay on track.

Third was just that I'm busy. I do homework every morning, so putting a workout in between that was just hard. I can do it, but then all I do is sleep and never see my friends or girlfriend.

So with all that in mind, I'm going to do what I can, make sure I work out just once a day with some sort of DVD or Starting Strength, and that's that.

Well, I'm off to do Cardio X. My roommate asked if I wanted to do that DVD with him. Sounded fun. Time to work out.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment