Monday, December 5, 2011

Cardio X

Like I said at the end of my last post, I was off to do Cardio X and Cardio X is exactly what I did.

I hadn't done this workout in a while and forgot how fun it is. We started with the simple warmup (2 minute warmups feel really short after I've been doing Insanity for a few weeks) and then stretched. Stretching then turned into yoga. Yoga felt excellent. It basically goes through the beginning of yoga x at a faster pace, going all the way to the reverse warrior section. It felt good to stretch like that again.

Next was Kenpo X, and that felt good too. I like the punching and kicking combos in this a lot more than in regular kenpo x. It takes the assumption that you know what he's talking about already and just goes right into it with combos, kick punch combos and more. Good stuff.

Plyo was next for ten minutes, going through 2 five move circuits. I haven't done P90X Plyo in a while, and was glad to see I could still keep up. To be fair it wasn't the hardest of moves, definitely easier than anything in Insanity, but it got my legs in the air and my heart pumping more blood.

Finally core was last. Nothing too memorable about this but we did it. Except the Dreya Rolls. I'm still anti Dreya Webber and didn't do them out of spite.

Overall it was a good workout and got me moving for Sunday. Tonight is Starting Strength and I might try to get some cardio in.

Right now I'm doing more homework, so like yesterday I wrote this to take a break. Alright, back to work.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment