Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sigh. No more running.

The weather has changed and it is finally cold. Cold is a relative term to a lot of people. Me, I hate the cold, and even though this isn't as cold as it possibly could be, last night and this morning I was WAY too cold to go running. I'm thinking that running, at least outside, is going to be put on hold until spring. Lame.

So last night after the roommate and I decided not to run, we hit play on the All Around Fighting Workout from Rushfit. Wow, this thing kicked my ass. I used to do this workout no problem, and last night it was difficult as Hell! However, I did make it all the way through and was covered in sweat by the end. It was a good workout.

I'm going to get back into the cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays strong, but I might be getting back into doubles workouts soon too and get some cardio in every day. Last night showed me that even though I'm a lot stronger thanks to Starting Strength, my cardio has gone to crap. Fortunately (I guess) I will have some free time coming up. The current plan, though it can be revised, is to continue cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays, yoga on Sundays, and I'll step it up with cardio on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings starting next week. However, I'm thinking Nov 6 I may do Insanity again. It was a really hard program, but I've done it before. The last time my diet was garbage and I didn't see as much progress in the weightloss department, but right now I'm doing 2 veggie juices a day and some lean protein at night, so I think this might be a good plan. Why Nov 6? Well, the 4th is my last day at work, the 5th is a big concert I'm looking forward to, so the 6th would be the Sunday after all of that. It'd be a good way to close out 2011 too.

So that's the plan. However, two other things that are still on my mind...

1) Despite unemployment, if I can figure out how to afford it I want to start training Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I've wanted this for a while, but with work and school in the way there just hasn't been time. Work's obviously going away for a while. School, ironically, was funded by work, so there's a pretty good chance that that's going away too. I'm pissed about that last part, though there's a tiny chance I can keep going. Even with school though, if no work I think I can do this. I've just gotta find the money. This would add more cardio since I'd be going 4 days a week (2 classes of each) so that might put Insanity on hold.

2) For some reason October is really busy, but in November I want to start taking Capoeria classes. This is a Brazilian dance martial art that's taught on Saturdays for an hour at my gym. Saturdays have been really filled lately, but if there's time in November I want to start doing this. However, Saturdays have been my rest day for the last year and a slight overhaul to my weekly routine would need to happen for this.

So that's where I'm at. Lots of things going on, but the important thing is that I'm on my way to health!

Tonight is Starting Strength, and I'm finally dropping weight on my shoulder press so I can work on form. Also, as of Monday I am back on synthetic supplements. I took 4 weeks and did only organic, and now I'm doing another 8 weeks of synthetic. I'm hoping to see some big muscles in the next few weeks. Wish me luck!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment