Monday, October 17, 2011

Yoga Sunday

It took a little pushing, but last night I was in the gym doing yoga at 5:30! My original goal was 4pm, but better late than never. I started with a yoga video from hulu, but the video crapped out. I then used another yoga video from hulu. This one was a lot more relaxing and focused on flexibility and relaxation than anything else. I made it through about 30 minutes of that when my phone went off about half a dozen times. Normally I ignore my phone completely during workouts, but that many missed calls/texts had me wondering what was going on. I paused the DVD and checked the phone, and found out that people were coming over to watch the Vikings/Bears game, and they were all at my house trying to get in. I unlocked the door and let everyone in (this sort of thing happens a lot at my house) and went back in to yoga. At this point I wanted to get done quickly, and I decided to do something different....no yoga video!

I've done enough yoga at this point that I can guide myself through a good flow series. Here's how it went down.

3 Sun Saluations
Right side:
Runner's Pose
Warrior 1
Warrior Half
Warrior 1
Warrior 2
Reverse Warrior
Triangle
Vinyasa

then I repeated that on my left side.

Chair pose for 1 minute.

Then I did 1 more flow series:
Right side:
Runner's Pose
Warrior 1
Warrior 2
Right Angle Pose
Warrior 2
Twisting Triangle Pose
Warrior 2
Warrior 1
Vinyasa

Repeat on the left side.

After that I did 1 minute of Tree Pose on each leg, and then 30 seconds of Warrior 3 on each side.

After that I called it good. My own yoga flow series took about 20 minutes and I focused really hard on breathing and holding everything for at least two full breaths. It was a good workout.

So that was my yoga day. The Bears game was pretty good, and I finished the night with a vegetable juice and some frozen pizza. Good times.

Tonight is Starting Strength. I realized that next week I'm only going to be able to workout on Monday since after that I'm heading to Disneyworld for my best friend's wedding. With that in mind, the following Monday I will be back in the gym and that's the day I'm going up to 5x5 on all of my lifts. That means this is the last week I do 3x5 (except for next Monday of course).

Also a quick note, I had vacation days already scheduled before the layoff, so today is my official last Monday at my office! Weird.

Anyways, that's all I've got. By the way, tonight at midnight Batman Arkham City comes out and I'm stoked! It's going to be awesome!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment