Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Shoulders!!!!

I'm super pumped this morning because it was shoulders day. I haven't lifted, legitimately-spent-time-doing-a-lifting-program lifted in literally years, and my absolute favorite day is always shoulder day. Today was the first of many of those days, and it was great!

Body Beast loves its shoulder workouts. It's the only muscle group that gets it own day consistently throughout the program. Shoulders separate all of the muscles from each other - chest to arms, chest to back, biceps to triceps....all of it has to pass through the shoulders, and if you have huge shoulders, everything else naturally looks huge too.

So today's workout was pretty great. My numbers were lower than they were a few years ago, but hey, that's expected. But I can say my shoulders are feeling excellent today, and I can't wait to feel those DOMS in the next day or so.

Tomorrow I have Beast Cardio, but I think I'm going to replace it with a different cardio workout. Cardio is not my focus this round, and I don't want to follow DVDs anyways, so instead I think I'm opting for the old Bas Rutten CDs. Might be a game time call though - we'll see. I'm also considering MMX from P90X3, the MMA-style workout. Any readers of this blog know I love martial arts workouts, but I need to still be mindful of my ankle (hence Bas Rutten, which I can do without any legs).

Game time call coming tomorrow - expect to read about it in the blog.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment