Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Days 3 and 4 of Body Beast

Two more days are in the books. I woke up yesterday and could barely walk, but I still hit play on Build Back and Bis. I'd been looking forward to this workout since Sunday, since it was bicep focused. I've always thought my biceps were too small, even when I'm working out, so I was ready to bring the pump!

The workout was tough, about as tough as the Chest and Triceps workout. Obviously a lot more rows and back exercises, and pullups replaced pushups. I wanted to do more reps so I could keep up, so I used the Total Gym instead of the pullup bar for the pullups, and added weight. The bicep work was good too. This was the first workout to really incorporate the curl bar, which feels a lot more like real lifting to me, so going back and forth between the curl bar and free weights was fun.

The rest of the day I didn't feel much strain in my biceps, and only a little in my back, but I figured it would come. The rest of my body still hurt from Sunday and Mondays' workouts, and walking was definitely difficult all day because of Monday's Leg workout specifically. I felt like I was walking through quick sand all day.

This morning I woke up and as expected, my biceps are on fire. They feel awesome, and my back definitely feels like it worked yesterday. Delayed muscle soreness is a real thing people! My triceps and chest are finally starting to feel normal again after Sunday, and my legs are still in a lot of pain. It's awesome!

This morning's workout was Beast Caridio and Beast Abs. Lots of beasts in this one. Cardio was interesting. It was basically a total body weight/body weight workout, but instead of reps everything was done for time (aka how many reps can you do in a minute). Not my favorite stuff, since I really like the traditional lifting, but at 30 minutes it's not bad at all.

That workout was followed by the 10 minute Beast Abs. This is definitely not Ab Ripper X, but it still felt good. There were shorter moves, but most of them used weights which added something.

I've gotta give this one a few more tries (which I will get in the next 12 weeks), but someday in the future if I repeat this workout I'll swap Ab Ripper X in instead. At least that's the thought at the moment.

Nutrition wise I've been doing great! Heather's been helping me eat really healthy, is measuring out my portions based on the meal guide, and she's even cooking meals straight from the recipe guide! This time I'm doing it right, and I owe a lot of thanks to her for the help!

So that's my story. Tomorrow is shoulders (I love having a dedicated shoulder workout!) and Friday I get a rest day! I'm looking forward to it!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment