Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 7 of Body Beast

Well it's Saturday and I worked out. I'm not used to that, and for anyone that's been reading my blog for a while you know that's because most of the programs I do go from Sunday through Friday with a Saturday rest. Body Beast is a little bit different. Body Beast's first phase in the Lean program (and it looks like all of the phases in the regular program) is 5 days on, 1 day off, repeat. That means the rest day rotates a bit in the first few weeks, which is why I got a very relaxing day off yesterday.

Working out on Saturdays is tricky, usually because I'm either off doing something incredibly productive (and therefore don't have much time to work out) or I'm stuck on the couch destroying dragons or terrorists or something on a video game. Today was the latter, and my 1:00pm workout quickly got moved to 2, then 3. Finally at 2:30 I realized I was being WAY too lazy and since I did want to get out of the house to see a buddy who's moving soon before 6pm, I finally got moving for that 3pm workout.

Today's workout was Build Chest/Tris. This was the first workout in the program, the one I did on Sunday. Great workout overall. The whole thing is a single exercise, a double exercise and a triple exercise, all with sets of 15, 12, 8 and sometimes 8. The nice thing about today is that my adjustable dumbbells were working! They wouldn't turn to let me pick a different weight last week, so I had to use my limited set of other weights. The adjustables gave me a lot more flexibility after I fixed them today (the locking mechanism was sticking), and really helped me add on some weight. There were a few exercises where I even used the full 45 lbs, but I have a feeling that I won't be needing more weight than that any time soon anyways. Keep in mind, that's 45 lbs per arm.

After the chest stuff is another round of the same pattern, but this time all tricep focused. My tris were dying by this time considering they got worked during the chest workout. The pushups towards the end were tricky, and after one completely failed attempt at pushups I finished the final pushup sets using the door gym. Not the best switch, but I wanted to keep working and didn't think I had any more pushups in me.

Overall an awesome workout, and definitely an improvement from last week! Tomorrow is Legs day and I'm ready!

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment