Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 5 of Body Beast (and a rest day!)

I got into Body Beast yesterday morning for the first Build Shoulders workout! I was excited for this one going into it. I like working shoulders, mostly because I believe a large shoulder makes the rest of the arm muscles look huge!

This workout follows the same pattern as most of the others, doing a single exercise, then 2 exercises, then 3 exercises, each with reps of 15, 12, 8 and 8. There was one more exercise mixed in there somewhere, but truthfully I'm writing this the following day at a pretty early time, and I haven't had any energy shots like I usually do pre-workout, so I'm a little groggy right now. Overall though, good workout!

Today is the first rest day for the Lean program. Body Beast is interesting in that the first few weeks (and it looks like the entire schedule on the regular program) is 5 days of work, 1 day of rest, repeat. For those who aren't math wizards, that's only 6 days, and a week is 7. This means the rest day floats around rather than being a set day. For me that doesn't work too well, since I like having Saturdays as my rest and travel day. Travel meaning when I'm on a trip, which is usually on a Saturday, I don't have to work out.

Case in point, my next rest day is next Thursday, but that means Legs are Saturday and I'll be spending all of next Saturday floating in a river with friends. So instead I got permission from a few coaches and I'm going to move that one around and just take Saturday off as normal.

One thing I like about the Lean schedule is the Bulk phase, which is the second phase, is the longest phase of the whole program (5 weeks), and it actually does have the regular Sunday through Friday with a Saturday Rest Day schedule. So once I get through the first 3 weeks I should be on 5 clear weeks of normal schedule.

Anyways it feels good not to be working out today. Frankly I don't know what I'd work if there was a workout scheduled. My whole body hurts, especially my biceps and shoulders. These workouts are killer! I can't wait to start all over again on Saturday with Chest and Tris. 3 weeks of this and it's on to the Bulk phase!

By the way, the nutrition has been CLEAN! Cleaner than I've ever done. I realize it's only been a week, but Heather's not letting me fail and I appreciate that, and her, immensely.

So that's my story. I've got a lot of other big things going on right now too. It's going to be a good day.

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment